Last Thursday I invited guests to late dinner and my plan was to cook something quick and impressive (and worthy to be shared here, lol). It didn’t take too long to make a choice, because I had pickled artichokes and freshly bought package of quinoa that was on sale in Tesco. I can also proudly say that this whole recipe was created by myself: it’s quinoa warm salad with pickled artichoke hearts, shallots and tomatoes. It’s really quick to cook if you already have pickled artichokes, but this quickness didn’t save me from being late as I had some urgent work to do, so I started too late and guests came when salad was cooling. And… Do you also say to your friends “wait a moment, I have to make a picture first and then we can eat?” Well, my friends are already used to it.
Artichokes – 3 pcs.
Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, mix of fresh herbs (I had basil and coriander), lemon juice, 1 glove of garlic.
100 g of quinoa
1 big shallot onion
2 middle tomatoes (or 5-6 cherry tomatoes)
salt, pepper, olive oil
- Prepare pickled artichokes as it was described here
Don’t forget to take artichokes from the fridge before you start to cook.
- Cook quinoa as it was described in this recipe
- Cut shallots to thin stripes and fry them with olive oil in a big pot until they’re soft. At the very end add chopped tomatoes and cook together on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add quinoa to the pot, mix properly, turn the heat off and wait until it gets cool.
- When salad is not hot but nicely warm, add artichokes and stir again. Taste it and season with salt and pepper if you find that the taste should me more intense.
This salad makes a great company to white wine or nice rose.